We work with residents, their families and friends to understand their unique needs and preferences. We don’t make assumptions about the care they are going to need, or put in place a standard care plan. Our plans and our approach are tailored to individual residents – it is a truly person-centred approach.
With each resident we work hard to understand:
- The extent they wish to meet and mix with other residents, our team and visitors.
- The amount of support and assistance they need with personal tasks.
- How they wish to be known and addressed.
- How their living space is arranged
- The toiletries, cosmetics and other personal items and clothing they need.
With each resident our home teams:
- Understand each resident’s physical and mental capabilities and discuss with them and their relatives an individual plan of care
- Actively encourage each resident to be as independent as possible within the boundaries of their personal capabilities.
- Provide aids, activities and an environment which enables each resident to be as independent as they wish.
- Monitor the condition of each resident to try to achieve a balance between independence and taking unnecessary risks.
Our home teams are committed to:
- Treating every resident with respect and supporting them to preserve their dignity.
- Involving each resident and their relatives in decisions concerning care.
- Taking account of a resident’s past life, experiences, cultural and religious needs.
- Performing personal care with sensitivity, taking into account a resident’s wishes.
- Encouraging residents to build a sense of ownership of their own space.
We want our residents to live rich, fun lives whilst living in our homes so our teams:
- Actively encourage residents to make their own choices about the content of their daily life.
- Provide residents with the information they need to make these choices.
- Provide the environment and encouragement for residents to enjoy taking part in regular exercise.
- Make sure residents have a choice and are involved in their personal affairs, care and lifestyle.
- Provide a choice of safe living spaces and facilities.
- Create safeguards to ensure that any limitations placed on a resident’s choices is justified, explained clearly, and reviewed regularly.